Join The Park Players as we set the dial for a dose of holiday nostalgia. This unique spin on a traditional movie favorite hearkens back to the golden age of radio when families gathered together for inspirational broadcasts and wholesome entertainment. Studio actors employ their vocal talents and live radio sound effects to re-imagine George Bailey’s journey of self-worth.
The show is set in a mid- 40’s radio studio. The script very closely mirrors the classic movie.
- Actors will play dual roles- a 40’s radio actor and then their various characters
- People of all ages and levels of experience welcome, including teens
- In most cases, roles will be cast close to age, as indicated in script
- Several roles can be interchanged female for male, and open to all ages
- Style relies heavily on actor’s ability to speak very clearly and show variety in expressing different character voices
- Several actors will have the opportunity to be cast in multiple roles
- There will be a vocal music team selected to reproduce authentic commercials
- Foley artists (sound effects people) will be cast to create all the radio sound effects. These artists will be onstage as actors in the studio
Actor preparation: “It’s a Wonderful Life”, the Liberty film is a good resource
Also visit our dropbox to see the script, example radio dramas and vintage commercials.
The auditions will be held on Wednesday evening (7-10pm), Sept. 7 and Sunday afternoon (1:30-5:00pm), Sept. 11, at the North Rosedale Park Community House, 18445 Scarsdale, Detroit, MI 48223.
Want more information? Visit our Facebook group at Park Players. Or contact the Producers, Mary Davis & Archie Lynch at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you at the auditions.